Someone gave me a job!
(Photo by Ailise Grealis)
Bit of an announcement to make tonight, chums. In the next few days, I’ll be joining the News Editing team over at PunkNews.org. Basically, I’ll be one of the folks responsible for going through submissions, writing copy, and that sort of thing. I’ve just been given the nod to tell people, and I wanted to tell I Live Sweat readers as soon as possible to avoid any confusion. The following are a few points I want to make absolutely clear.
- I Live Sweat isn’t going anywhere. This is my baby, and I’m bloody proud of it. I love working with contributors, and don’t intend to stop anytime soon.
- My PunkNews responsibilities, while related to punk and hardcore, are distinct from what we do here. For a start, in my role as a News Editor, I’ll be expected to be as objective as possible, as is only right. That doesn’t mean my role as Editor/Curator on I Live Sweat is going to change. I Live Sweat’s focus on critique of, and commentary on, punk rock and comics will remain, and you know we aren’t all that good at fence sitting round here.
- I Live Sweat and PunkNews are still separate entities. We’ve worked together in the past, when David’s contribution to the ‘sexism series’ originated on the Org, and when the PunkNews podcast reported on the reaction to the series in the Spring, and I’m not promising something similar won’t happen in future, but I’m treating these as separate roles, because that’s what they are. If one of the other News Editors thinks something we post here is newsworthy, I don’t doubt that it’ll find it’s way onto PunkNews, but I’m not going to submit my own stuff, or stuff I’ve edited/curated, because that’s a conflict of interests and inherently disrespectful to other PunkNews staff and readers.
Like I said, I wanted to make sure I Live Sweat’s readers were kept in the picture so nobody got the wrong end of the stick. If you’ve got any questions, feel free to use the ‘Ask’ button in the toolbar above, and I’ll do my best to answer. There are some really great people at PunkNews, a few of whom I’ve considered friends for a while now, and I’m really looking forward to working with them.
Oh, and there’s some bloody big news coming with regard to I Live Sweat too. I’m not gonna break silence till all the ducks are in a row, but suffice to say, those of you who came on board with the guest posts are going to be pleased with what my secret operative (whose name is Nowah) has in store.
29 Notes/ Hide
- browncoatfromtheshire said: Congratulations on the new job! It’s cool that it’s in an area you’re really interested in and passionate about :)
- screeching-measel said: Yay!
- screeching-measel likes this
- zladkohasaboaraffe likes this
- stevethueson likes this
- morningofthemagicians likes this
- onehundredresolutions likes this
- larsbars said: congrats!
- missmaryam likes this
- chrisict likes this
- seewhereweland likes this
- thisisastart likes this
- sterlingrules likes this
- theboywholosthismind said: Congrats on the job!
- costak likes this
- halffiction likes this
- andrewfutral likes this
- bwbachod likes this
- 1001openhands likes this
- lugjabask likes this
- ilivesweat posted this