It’s heartbreaking to acknowledge that we live in a world where a 16-year-old girl would have to live in fear for being exactly who she is.
Janet Mock, in an essay in honor Trans Day of Remembrance.
I detail my first date at age 16 with a guy I really liked. At the end of the date, I revealed, “I’m not like other girls.” I went home heartbroken, but was able to live to write about it - unlike many other girls we honor this week.
16 Notes/ Hide
- saarahsaaywhaat likes this
- purrrito reblogged this from nickbehr
- nickbehr reblogged this from janetmock
- jtwiggjtwigg likes this
- linusinhats likes this
- exrin likes this
- staywiththedemonsyoudrowned reblogged this from ilivesweat
- derasso likes this
- everybodytosafety likes this
- zrinkavlasic reblogged this from ilivesweat
- ilivesweat likes this
- ilivesweat reblogged this from janetmock
- jamiemccrimmon reblogged this from janetmock
- janetmock posted this